Posted February 5, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Bank Account Changes – All FSA payments are electronically transferred into specified bank accounts via Direct Deposit. Producers should notify the FSA office if you have made any banking changes that would affect the Direct Deposit designation that is currently on file. Payments will be delayed if our office is not notified of updates to your account, bank and/or routing numbers.

Reporting Land Changes – Producers should also report to FSA whenever any changes are made to your farming structure. This includes additional land being purchased or leased for 2013. Farm records will need to be up to date in our office prior to any signup being conducted for the 2013 programs. If changes are being made to the status of payment entity, i.e. changing from an individual to a corporation, a trust or an LLC, this information should be reported.



Reconstitutions – When land is gained or lost from a farm as constituted in FSA records, it is probable that a Reconstitution will be required. Changes may result in a Recon, which is combining or dividing of tracts and/or farms. The Recon process is fairly time consuming, so it’s best to report these types of changes as soon as possible.

CCC-1099-G’s to be Issued to Payment Recipients – During the end of January, producers who have received payments from FSA should receive a CCC-1099-G form from our Kansas City office. This form reports to the Internal Revenue Service all FSA payments issued in 2012 calendar year. The CCC-1099-G is a service to help participating producers report taxable income accurately. One change this year is 1099-G’s will not be issued to participants that earned less than $600.

Spousal Signatures – A husband and wife may sign for documents on behalf of each other for FSA programs in which either has an interest. Exceptions include claim settlements and lien filings.The option is automatically available unless a written request for exclusion is made to the County FSA Office by either spouse. This is applicable only to the individuals. It does not apply to Trusts, Corporations or LLC’s.

Controlled Substance – Any person who is convicted under federal or state law of a controlled substance violation could be ineligible for USDA payments or benefits. Violations include planting, harvesting or growing a prohibited plant. Prohibited plants include marijuana, opium poppies and/or other drug producing plants.


NAP stands for Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program. The sales closing date for all spring seeded crops & perennial forage is March 15, 2013.